8.14.2009

Norma Faye

So, I'm in the middle of making 120 cupcakes for Crave, a women's event tonight at Momentum (my wonderful church). As I leave for the 50th trip to the store, I am reminded of my beloved grandmother, Norma Faye Brogan Johnston, or Memaw (pronounced Mim-aw) to me. Memaw went to the store at least once per day. She often went to the grocery store (Sunflower) and then still had to send someone to the curb store (aka gas station) to get something else. She must be smiling over me today, because I've already been to the store twice in the last 14 hours, and I'm leaving again, because I need more sugar. Please God let this be the last trip. I'd also like to think she's proud of me, because she was the most hospitable person I knew, and lately I feel like the Spirit is changing me to be more like her. I serve on the hospitality team at church, and I love it. Making coffee and doughnuts is what I physically do, but serving is the true job, and I love it. I love making people feel at home. I love having people over, cooking for them, and hopefully making them feel at home. So...Memaw...here's to you! I hope one day I can be as loving, kind, and hospitable as you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment