9.05.2010

Sundays

I love Sundays. I really think Sundays are my favorite days of the week.

Wednesdays are up there, because both the girls are in school at the same time for 3 short hours, so I get time to myself to do whatever I want.

But, I still love Sundays more.

I am incredibly blessed to be part of the best church in the whole world. Of course, I'm a little biased, but what can I say? It's a great body of believers that feels like a family, supports each other through times of need, strives to know the Lord deeper, and has a heart for our local community. I could go into detail about the theology and the mission and values, but that's a different post for a different day.

Let's just say that literally every single Sunday, I feel blessed to be a part of the body that is Momentum Christian Church. I leave there feeling incredibly lucky. I guess luck is debatable, and I know for sure that the Lord led me there, so it wasn't luck, but I still feel lucky. Is that sacrilegious?

Anyway...

Another thing I love about Sundays is this:


















I bet you're wondering why my upstairs hallway makes me love Sundays. That picture may look like just a hallway with closed doors to you, but to me, it represents QUIET. Behind each of those doors is one of my sleeping (or at least resting quietly) babies. And yes, you see three doors. Who is the third sleeping baby? He's not really a baby, but he's my baby. Daddy-o. He likes his naps on the weekend, so he's behind door #2.

When I see that scene above, it means a couple hours of quiet for me. Ahh...

I hope you enjoy your Sundays as much as I do.

As I look to the week ahead, I'm excited about something I'll soon be posting In The Kitchen. Elizabeth's teacher has a birthday this week, so we're throwing her a small party, and I'm bringing the cupcakes. I'm going to try something fun and cool - cupcakes that literally look like apples. They're featured in "What's New, Cupcake?", which is the sequel to "Hello, Cupcake". Both are fantastic books with super creative ideas for cupcake decorating. Here's a sneak peek of what I'll be attempting.


















Enjoy your Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment