9.25.2010

We Went to Denver!

I'm sorry I've been absent for a week. I decided (at the last minute) to take the girls to Denver to visit my friends, Matt and Karen.

I flew with the girls by myself. I repeat. I flew with the girls by myself.

Nah. I'm joking. It really wasn't that bad.

It was stressful. Each time, on the way to the airport, I got a feeling in the pit of my stomach. A not good feeling. Nervousness. Well deserved, too, because it is a PAIN going through security with two kids, a stroller, a bookbag full of toys and dvds for distraction on the plane, a diaper bag, a purse, and myself...oh, and two blankets and two babies ('cause my kids can't go anywhere without a blankie and a baby). Taking their shoes on and off. My shoes. Seriously. I can at least say that in Atlanta, they didn't make us wait in the forever long security line. I can't say the same for Denver. We almost missed our plane. So, yes, I was nervous.

Truth be told, though, they were pretty good on the flights. The flight home was better (and shorter, praise God), but for two little girls squeezing into one seat, they did pretty well.

Even more important, we had a blast in Denver. It was my first time, and I definitely want to go back. It's one of the few places I've visited that actually made me feel at home and like I might even want to move there. Maybe that means I have a jogger / organic food eater inside of me that's just waiting to come out. Hmm...

Here are some pictures from our trip.



















A view of the soccer field (and beyond) at a large park in Stapleton, which is the area of Denver where Matt & Karen live. It's a fantastic community with mixed-use development: houses, townhouses, condos, retail, restaurants, and parks. It is fantastic.

























Karen's house and other pictures from the neighborhood. Notice the Mommy & Me soccer class and the playground that are within a block of her house. I might be a little jealous.

















Layla, Elizabeth, and Karen eating breakfast at the Stapleton Farmer's Market. This market had so much good food to choose from. I'm hungry just thinking about it. My favorite was the wood-fired cinnamon roll. Mmm.



















Dogs are literally everywhere in Denver. Even driving cars. Ha!



















This is a picture of Red Rocks Amphitheater, but you can't actually see the amphitheater, because it's between the two big red rocks. There was a show going on, so we couldn't get in, but it was still neat to see such a beautiful place.



















All the girls at Red Rocks.
















Miley! She's an American Bulldog / Bull Mastiff mix, and she is awesome. My girls had a blast playing with Miley and Izzy, the cat, who somehow didn't make it into this post.




















The girls did a lot of swinging on this trip. The playground was a block from the house. What can I say? It's a little girl's dream.

Last, but not least, I'll leave you with a collage of self portraits from Elizabeth. She had a really good time taking pictures on the trip, quite a few of which were of herself.


No comments:

Post a Comment