6.23.2011

Daddy Dearest

I know it's been a few days since Father's Day.  As I said before, life with 3 is quite busy, and it's very hard to find free time.  It seems like I go from one child to the next, feeding and playing and feeding and consoling and feeding, and then, when the day is done, I'm still feeding, and I'm pooped.  I'll apologize now for not posting very frequently, because it just may happen that way.  For a little while.

Anywho.

I want to share a picture from Father's Day.




It's still a little hard to believe that we have three children.  Three!  Sometimes I wonder what the good Lord is thinking.  I have hope in knowing that He does not make mistakes.

Derrick is a wonderful father.  I love the way he:
  • knows how to make the girls laugh - at any moment in time
  • takes advantage of teaching opportunities (he's already trying to teach Elizabeth multiplication!)
  • has patience with the girls and doesn't raise his voice
  • plays t-ball with Elizabeth
  • values education
  • has pretty much taken over giving the girls their baths, which includes combing their hair...a major job!
  • doesn't pressure me about moving Josiah to his own room
  • works so very hard to provide for all of us
  • has stepped up in the last couple of months
  • is so different from me

Daddy Dearest, you are loved and appreciated.  You're a wonderful father.  Thank you for all of your hard work and for really helping to carry the load these last couple of months.  Your girls love you so much, as I'm sure your son will.  I love that we have the opportunity to parent these children together, and I can't wait to see how your relationships with them grow stronger and stronger as they get older.  Thank you for being such an amazing dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment