8.06.2011

E Mealz

Today's post is a public service announcement.  It applies to you if you:
  • have mouths to feed
  • are on a budget
  • like to cook but get tired of figuring out what to cook each week
  • don't like to cook but know you should because it's cheaper & healthier

I want to tell you about E-Mealz.  I believe it is quite possibly the best thing since sliced bread.

The E-Mealz slogan is "easy dinner menus for busy and frugal people".  Basically, when you sign up, and it's cheap (like $5 a month per meal plan), you get access to a weekly menu.  You choose which meal plan(s) you want to sign up for.  There are things like low carb, low fat, vegetarian, etc.  You also select the grocery store where you normally shop.  Here is the amazing thing:  each week when your menu is published, it will be customized based on what dietary restrictions you choose (for example, I'm doing the portion control plan, aka the weight watchers plan, because I'm trying to drop this baby weight) AND it will incorporate the sales at your grocery store.

I literally used to ride by Publix, pick up the ad, look thru and see what was on sale, then pull out my cookbooks and spend hours looking thru them to see what I could cook that would use the meat that was on sale.  I know, I know.  Kind of crazy.  (Not as crazy as spending hours clipping coupons and then buying 100 deoderants just because they're on sale and I have 100 coupons.  I'm just sayin'.)  I truly began to despise making my grocery list.  E-Mealz has changed that.  Oh yeah - not only do you get a menu but it comes with a shopping list that includes everything you need for 7 meals, and it's always less than $100 for the whole list.  AMAZING, right?

Okay - so the one little caveat is that we've been doing this for maybe 4 weeks, and some of the meals haven't been the tastiest, so I was kind of holding off on this post, because I wasn't sure I wanted to rant and rave about it if the meals weren't yummy.  All that has changed in the last week or two.  They aren't all five star dinners (keep in mind we're doing a diet menu), but we've had some very tasty meals.  Plenty of things I'd serve to a guest (which is how I judge whether something is good) and several recipes I will continue to make again and again.  This week I made a meatloaf for the first time ever, and it was awesome.  Oh, and it was in the crock pot.  How's that for a time saver?

So, to make a long story even longer, I highly recommend E-Mealz if you would like to save time and money and cook for your family on a  more regular basis.  If you are picky and already thinking that you probably won't like a lot of the meals, it's really still worth the $5 a month.  I'm picky.  I just look thru and choose the ones I like, and if there aren't enough for one week, I'll go back to the old menus and choose others that I know are good.

E-Mealz is a time saver.  A money saver.  And for our family right now, a life saver.  Go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment