8.15.2011

Mid August Memory Verse

Our verse for today is one that I just love.  I don't know that I had ever read/heard it before the other day, but when I did, I knew it was one to memorize.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort." 2 Corinthians 1:3 (NIV, 84)

For some reason, I love verses that begin with "praise be".  I enjoy verses that can be prayers, especially prayers of praise, and this one exactly fits the bill.  Plus, it says our Father is the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort.  All comfort.  I believe in a very dynamic, multi-faceted God who has many qualities, including some that are not so warm and fuzzy.  But, at the end of the day, I love knowing my God is compassionate and comforting.  It makes me feel like I can climb up in His holy lap and just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment