8.19.2011

School Update

This is the end of week 3 at school, and both girls are doing very well.

Elizabeth has memorized three verses (resulting in three stickers and three skittles).  Can I just say that I am so impressed with her ability to memorize?  I had always heard kids were good at scripture memorization, but I didn't believe it.  It is true, at least for my girl.  She can even remember the actual scripture reference, such as Psalm 139:14.  The thing we're working on that seems to be difficult is teaching her not to capitalize the letters in her name.  To date, she likes to capitalize everything but the i and t.  Mrs. Cindi thinks it's important to stop doing this, and I have to agree, but Elizabeth really doesn't seem to understand the importance.  Can't blame her really.


Layla is having a good time, which is not at all what she would tell you if you asked.  Every time I ask, she says she doesn't like school and doesn't like her teacher.  But when I pick her up, she is always having a blast and smiling ear to ear.  She cried the very first day, but I haven't seen any tears since, which is quite different than last year, when she cried 95% of the days I dropped her off.  I know the crying really doesn't mean much, but it sure makes a mommy feel better to see a smile on her little lady's face before she drives away.  I am so happy with our decision to put her at SMPK, and I think it's going to be great year.  Her sweet teacher, Mrs. Jessica, sends home a weekly note on Fridays, and I have to admit that I look forward to the note all week.  Here are the two we've gotten so far.



Don't those notes make you want to send your kids to Mrs. Jessica?  She is a great big ball of energy and understands very much a mother's need to be sure her child is safe, secure, and having fun.  I'm so grateful for her and for the privilege to have Layla in her class.

No comments:

Post a Comment