4.26.2010

"the necklace"


There it is, folks. Pure gorgeousness.

If you read this post, you know I bought a fantastically gorgeous necklace at The Market NYC, when Derrick and I were celebrating our five year wedding anniversary. It was a steal of a deal. The brand, Eda & Betty, is known for their heirloom couture jewelry, and their necklaces have sold at Nordstrom for $140-$600+. Apparently, the designer lives near The Market, so she sets up a booth there every now and then and offers jewelry for 70% off retail. Lucky me. I love the necklace so much that I wish I could wear it every day. As you can see, it's kind of noticeable, so I probably won't do that, but I'm definitely not going to let it collect any dust in my jewelry drawer. In fact, if you want to borrow it (assuming I know where you live and can send Mr. Knuckles to collect if I don't get it back), please let me know. It's too pretty to sit around.

Here are some close-ups:

Yes, that's a cameo. That's what drew me to the necklace in the first place. I love cameos. They remind me of my Memaw (for those of you who are not from Mississippi, that's pronounced Mem-aw, not Mee-maw) Burns. I've always loved them, but I wasn't sure if I would look like my grandmother wearing one.


This necklace is perfect, because it incorporates the vintage cameo with the stylish look of layered chains and pearls.


A friend asked me, "Did you just have all those other chains to put with it?" That's another great feature. It's all one necklace! Here's the clasp.


I will say that it's not the lightest necklace I've ever worn. In fact, I felt like I had a small child hanging around my neck, but who cares, right? It's beautiful. Fifteen pounds of gorgeousness. I need to work out my neck anyway.

Because of all the chains, I was told to "always, always, always" store it in this bag with the clasp hanging out, or else "it will tangle". No joke. Can you imagine trying to untangle this thing? Needless to say, I'm storing it in the bag, with the clasp hanging out.


Well. That's it for today. I hope you enjoyed your tour of my favorite new purchase. Thanks to my hubby for buying me such a sweet anniversary present (and for taking me to New York!). Now, go buy yourself a pretty necklace. You deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. GASP. Lauren, that is beautiful! I love how the cameo is so prominent and the blue is gorgeous. Awesome find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beauty for sure. To say that I'm only a bit jealous would, well, be a lie. That thing is amazing!

    ReplyDelete