6.14.2011

A day early

Just after I predicted I'd never do anything on time again, I am posting our mid-June memory verse...a day early!!

I had not planned on it, but I've been thinking about this verse, and then someone else told it to me today, so I thought it might be a sign.  It was definitely a word from the Lord for me.  Maybe it will be for you too.

There's a decent chance you know this one.  If so, good for you.  Try to practice it.  If not, try to memorize it AND put it into practice.  I say try, because it's H.A.R.D.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

My putting this into practice involves doing something that's pretty hard for me.  I can't tell you what it is, but pray that God will give me the courage to follow through.  To trust Him and not lean on myself.  If I trust Him, why should I be scared of doing this thing?  I shouldn't.  But I am.  I'm just sayin'.

So that's why I chose this verse.  I pray there is something in it for you.  Maybe there is something hard that you need to do.  Take this verse, commit it to memory, and then try to follow it.  Trust the Lord with all your heart.  Do that hard thing.  Say those hard words.  End that unhealthy relationship.  Quit that unhealthy addiction.  I pray the Lord will give you courage, as I pray He will also give it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment